Night Light Commission
Mayumi Park, our Curator of Community Engagement, is also excited to launch our first-ever video projection mapping project called “Night Light.” Projection mapping is a mesmerizing nexus of public art and digital technology that offers productive new approaches to expressing vivid imaginations in compelling storytelling and community building in public spaces.
This opportunity aims to create a cohort of artists from Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities to build skills in this unique, fascinating art form. Five artists will receive commissions and training. Projections will be presented in public events at Western Sculpture Park (Dates to be determined). Commissions are for $2,000.
Complete this Request for Qualifications for a chance to become a part of this first projection mapping cohort of five artists: https://forms.gle/asbMB8r3r4MBkVz69
The deadline for RFQ is Monday, July 6th at 5 PM.
No prior knowledge in projection mapping required to be considered.
Mayumi Park is available for questions at email@example.com
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Artists who make film/video, animation, motion graphics, visual special effects, projection arts, interactive design, visual programming, or other forms of digital motion art.
- Lives, works or has a deep connection to St. Paul.
- Drive for compelling storytelling and experimenting with new techniques
- Prior experience collaborating with other artists or working in a team setting.
- You do not need prior projection mapping knowledge and experience to apply!”